On many occasions, abnormalities are identified during a machine downtime instance where it may not be practical to address additional issues during the current Open Dispatch, for lack of convenience or unfeasible to resolve immediately. These newly identified abnormalities may also need to be addressed by other resources or groups across different departments. The Follow Up Dispatch method will allow a user to identify and document an abnormality to be addressed at a later date, or possibly by another resource group.
If and when the Dispatch is about to be Closed, and the individual is ready to document the newly identified abnormalities within the originating individual Dispatch, simply scroll to the bottom of the Dispatch and Select the "Follow Up" tab. By selecting the "Follow Up" tab, you will be able to create a New Dispatch tied to the original Dispatch, with all of the associated details, specifics, and documentation of the original Dispatch.
Once you have selected the "Follow Up" button, simply select "Dispatch". Populate the required fields, specifics of the newly identified condition, and select save.
By using this functionality, you will be able to easily create a unique new Dispatch associated with a specific parent Dispatch. The originating or Child Dispatch can be closed and updated, not having further effect on the newly created 'Follow Up '. This promotes good documentation and allows abnormalities to be identified and completed/addressed by other resource groups or at a more convenient time.
Once a Follow Up Dispatch has been created, the original Dispatch will now contain a hyperlink to the follow-up Dispatch, including multiple hyperlinks if multiples have been created and associated. Additionally, all follow-Up Dispatches will contain hyperlinks to the Original Dispatch.
Yokoten Follow Up from Dispatch or Problem Solving Event
- Yokotens can be created and added in multiple ways. An easy and effective method to create and add Yokotens to multiple machines is from an Original Dispatch or Problem-Solving event.
- When a Problem Solving Method has been identified and you wish to add changes to applicable machines this can be done simply from the open Dispatch.
- Select the open Dispatch. At the bottom of the page, select the 'Follow Up' function. Select Yokoten.
- Once 'Yokoten' is open, select the 'Edit' tab. You will now be able to detail any specifics regarding this new Yokoten.
- Select the 'Add' to each section to add any additional specifics. Add all applicable machines, documents, attachments along with any additional sites the 'Yokoten may be applicable too.
- Ensure you select the 'Save and Exit' when all information has been specified.
Do you do daily Tier Meetings out on the shop floor but need a better way to manage those action items as they move up the tiers? Check out this video on how this can be done!