User Roles is a function for setting up the roles Users may take on a production line. These then can be used in the Skills Module for grouping of skill requirements on the production lines. Roles can also be assigned to non-production Users such as Engineers, Mechanics and Office personnel, to name a few. This is important to understand, because with roles training can be tracked on individuals who will never use the 'Check In' function on a production line.
- Go to the ‘Setup’ menu and click ‘User Roles’
- Click on ‘Add New’ located in the upper right corner
- Choose a unique Code for the Role
- Give a description of the Role
- Select if this will be a System-wide role
- Click ‘Save”