The Operator Portal has the ability to launch a Standard Work checklist to the operator during their production shift. **Note: Document Category must have Production Standard Work enabled.**
Launching a Standard Work document starts with the creation and editing of a checklist in the Document Center. When creating a Standard Work document you must use the features found on the edit version of the checklist under the line titled: Production Standard Work.
There are three choices in the Schedule Type:
1. Repeat - Will launch the Standard Work into the operator portal at an interval in minutes set by the author of the checklist.
2. Repeat Daily - Will launch the Standard Work to the operator portal at a set time each day.
3. Shift Boundary - Will launch the Standard Work at the specified time from the 'Beginning of shift' or 'End of Shift'. Shifts must be properly established in the 'Setup' menu for this to work.
Note: All Standard Work is deemed 'Due' upon launch.
When launched, the Checklist will appear on the Operator Portal for the work to be performed in a "Pop Up" box. Should the site choose, you can turn this feature off in the Production module settings under the header 'Operator Portal Settings'.
Checklist vs Standard Work in the Operator Portal
Not all Checklists are intended for or ideal to be displayed in the Operator Portal. Standard Work documents, including Checklists, are better suited to the Operator Portal and are usually more narrow in scope. You don't want your Operators trying to fill out a 5-page checklist from the Operator Portal.
You can ensure that only the intended Standard Work documents are presented to Operators through the Operator Portal by checking or unchecking the "Production Standard Work" box for the Document CATEGORY associated with your checklist.
To ensure that desired Standard Work Checklists are displayed in the Operator Portal, make sure they are associated with a DOCUMENT CATEGORY that specifies Standard Work. (The Standard Work checkbox is checked in the category detail.)
If the Production Standard Work box is checked for the associated Document Category, you will then see the Production Standard Work options in the Checklist Template detail page.
1. If the Standard Work is launched and opened, the Checklist will remain incomplete and will need to be completed before the next Standard Work will launch.
2. If you've chosen Shift Boundary, the Standard Work is to the production line based on shift, meaning that the next due Standard Work will show when the next Standard Work is due for that shift, not the line.
Example: If Operator #1 completes a 'once a shift' Standard Work checklist on the production line for Shift 'A', the operator portal will show that the next due Standard Work will be the next day that Shift 'A' is scheduled to work, not the next time it is due for that line. Then, when Operator #2 arrives for work on Shift 'B' and logs in, the screen will display when the next Standard Work is due for Shift 'B', and so on.
3. You can review the previously completed Standard Work from the Operator Portal by clicking on the box with an arrow button next to the name of the document under 'Last Completed'.
4. You will need to designate lines for the document beyond just areas. Just because it was linked by the area(s) does not mean it would capture the lines within those areas. Please also link the lines in addition in order to see the Standard Work on the operator portal.
Did you know you can do digital Leadership Standard work within L2L, click here to see how!