When you want to be notified and react to an abnormal condition when the production lines reach a Red status in the metrics (Thresholds), you can set it up in the following way:
Step 1: In the setup menu for line settings, make sure of these two settings:
- Default machine must be selected – if this is not selected, the dispatch will not launch
- Checkbox Enable automatic Production Status Dispatches to be created when the line metrics go into a Red status
Step 2: In the setup menu for dispatch types settings:
- Select Automatically launch Dispatch when a metric meets the line threshold
- Set up the Line(s) – By selecting the +ADD button to create a new setup
- Lines - Add multiple lines if desired for a metric setup for Dispatches and Notifications
- Trade – this will be the trade to launch the Dispatch
- Metric – either Percentage (%) or Quantity (QTY)
- Note: a line can be set up to launch both a QTY and Percent Dispatches for the same time frame. However, it will only launch the first one of the two during the set time frame until the first one goes back to a good status or the time frame is completed. If you wish to get both dispatches to launch (QTY and %) we recommend you set up up two different dispatch types and set them up independently to the line.
- Note: For Quantity, if you wish to launch a dispatch at 1 scrap part, you must set the threshold to zero. (see image below)
- Time Frame – The system will check this to know when to launch. You'll need to select one of the following: Per Shift, Per Day, Per Week
- Leave Open – If Checked, this will leave the dispatches open
- QTY dispatches will always stay open
- Percentage dispatches will stay open in the system, even if the line returns to a good status
- Leave Open - If Unchecked, a Dispatch will be launched as closed. This essentially logs an occurrence that a Quality threshold has dropped into the red.
Note: If you want to set up notifications based on the launched Dispatch, please click on this link to show you how to get that set up. Notifications
Also note: the tool runs up to 5 minutes, so if you don't see the Dispatch launch right after the line crosses the threshold, just be patient, it will launch within 5 minutes.