This is the section where you will set up the skills module to operate in your site and to add managers, admins, and User Roles.
- Set a color to identify trainers: Trainers are those who are certified to train others on specific lines in your site.
- Reset a user's skill level to the lowest level after X many days of inactivity: This is designed to set the number of days that you want a person's skill level to reset to 'needs training' if they no longer work on the line or use the skill.
- Example: A person is trained on line A, however, was transferred to line B for 182 days. If that person returned to work on line A, they would have to be retrained because of the possibility that the skills have been updated since they worked on that line.
- The calculation used to consider an Operator is trained:
(One Skill Required / Operators work only on trained positions/stations on the Cell.)
Note: One Skill Required was designed for plants who have a high turnover rate for operators. With this selected the person will only need one skill so their training on the operator portal will not read Needs Training.
(All Skills Required / Operators rotate positions/stations on the Cell.)
Note: All Skills Required was designed to be used for those who will run every machine on the line.
Also, this is used with the User Role option to identify skills that the person job is required to know to perform their tasks.
- Allow a user to check in other users in the Operator Portal:
- Example: This setting is used for line leaders the option to check others into the line. this is designed for those who have several operators per line and don't want to have each one type in their username and password in order to start working.
- Enable tracking skills requirements by machine:
(Enables check-in by machine in the Operator Portal.)
(Enables user time to track by machine.)
Note: This is designed to be used for those sites who need to track the level of training by an operator, by each machine individually.
Example: A person will only operate one to two machines on the line for the shift.
Skills Notification Settings
- Dispatch Type for tracking when a user checks into a line and needs training: Select the dispatch type from the dropdown. This notifies supervisors of an untrained person on a production line.
- Trade used in skill notification Dispatches: Select the trade to notify.
Note: This feature requires a line setting to be enabled. Under the line settings in setup: Enable Operator Portal Skill tracking & create a notification dispatch when the user checks into the line with the following skill level or lower. Select the skill level.
Also, one other item to note is that there is a default machine set for the production line in the line setup. This allows the automatic dispatch launch to work and send the dispatch to that line. From there those who are associated with that line(s) can receive notifications if they have set them up for that dispatch type.
Skill Security Settings
- Go to ‘Skills’ via the menu tab on left side of the main screen and click on ‘Settings’.
- To add Administrative Users click ‘Add New’ located in the upper right corner on the ‘Skills Security Settings’ bar.
- Search and select the user from the drop-down list.
- Select the necessary clearance:
- Admin can add and edit in all skill related areas.
- Manager can add and edit trainers and user skills.
- Note: ‘Edit User Roles’ button on the ‘Security Settings’ Toolbar brings up the ‘User Roles’ screen where you can add roles for your site. Roles are tied to users in the system who will be using the Skills Module.