Product Order Groups are used to cluster Product Orders together for use in Concurrent Production: when one line produces multiple products at the same time. For more on how to set up Concurrent Production, please see the article here.
The Product Order Groups list view shows all current Order Groups. At the top in the grey toolbar are the Add New button, Links, Export, and Filters.
- The Links button has links to the product order Build Sequence List, the Ekanban Planner, the Order Planner, or the Product Orders page
- The Export option allows a list of order groups to be generated as a CSV or XLS file
- The Filter allows the Product Order Group list to be narrowed down by line, product, or status
To add a new Product Order Group, select "Add New":
- Enter a Name for the Product Order Group
- Select a Line where the Product Group will run
- Choose the Scheduled Start and Due Dates for the product orders in the group
- Enter an External ID if needed to associate the Product Order Group with an external system
- Enter the Max Asset/Item Cycle Time, the interval at which a set of products in the group are produced according to their ratio by the asset
- Save the Product Order Group
- A new Product Orders table should appear to add orders to the group
- Use the Add button in the upper right to choose from Existing orders or create New orders. Under Existing is a dropdown for orders you've already built using the Product Order page; New is to create new orders to be included in the group.
Let's fill out the fields as if we were creating a New Product Order for our Group.
- Choose a Name
- Select a Product
- Select a Status or leave 'New'
- Enter the Planned Cavitation and Actual Cavitation.
- The Planned Cavitation is how many cavities the asset (mold, etc.) has for making this particular product and the Actual Cavitation is how many of those cavities are actually used while the Product Order Group is being manufactured. The Actual Cavitation can be modified during the production run.
- Any Scheduled and Due Dates associated with the Product Order will be overwritten by the Product Order Group dates
- For an eKanban order, include the Line to produce the order and Lines that can build the order
- If used, enter Barcode information
- Add a Description of the order
A Product Order Group can contain as many product orders as needed to represent the products built concurrently.
- Since Cycle Time calculation is much more complex with Product Order Groups, the Target column will not calculate for Pitches running a Product Order Group.
Please sign in to leave a comment.