Default Work Order Settings
- Default Trade for Work Orders: The dropdown contains all of the trades set up in your site. Choose one that will automatically populate on work orders. Please note that using work orders as a follow-up to a dispatch requires a Trade selection here.
- Enable Trade Field when adding new Work Orders: If this is set to ‘True’, it will allow you to select the trade for the assignment when creating the work order. If it is set to ‘False’ the default trade will be assigned.
- Enable the Owner field on the Work Order Add Screen to allow users to bypass the initial routing: If this is set to ‘True’ it will give you a dropdown of ‘Owners’ when adding a new Work Order. If it is set to ‘False’, the routing rules will notify the owner.
Email Notification Settings
These settings have a True/False dropdown to select from.
- Send a notification 1.) to the new owner of a work order, and 2.) when routing rules are used.
- Notify the owner if a Work Order is Denied.
- Notify the owner if a Work Order is completed.
- Notify the owner if a Work Order is Launched.
Enable ‘Add Work Order’ menu option: With this set to ‘True’, you can add a work order right from the side menu bar under ‘Work Orders’.
Enable ‘Add Work Order’ Link on Operator Portal: If this is set to ‘True’, it adds the ability to create a Work Order from the Operator Portal.
Allow Work Order follow ups to a Dispatch: If this is set to ‘True’, you can create a Work Order by clicking on the ‘Follow up’ button at the bottom of a Dispatch.
Require requesting user’s phone number: When set to ‘True’ this feature obliges the user to enter a phone number in case more details are needed by the owner or approver.
Show resources with the selected Trade on top: This feature displays the resources with that trade at the top of the list for ease of searchability.
Work Order Security Settings:
- Go to the ‘Work Orders’ via the menu tab on the left side of the main screen and click on ‘Settings’.
- To add Administrative Users Click ‘Add New’ located in the upper right corner on the ‘Work Order Settings’ bar.
- Select User from the drop-down list.
- Select the necessary clearance:
- Approver can approve work orders.
- Scheduler can assign resources and schedule work orders.
- Administrator can additionally set up categories and permissions.