The DISPATCH system is localized into 24 languages so it can be used by an employee in their native language.
L2L now provides a simple solution to translate comments into the native language of a user. The new feature will translate Dispatch Descriptions, Dispatch Notes, Dispatch Action/Component Comments, and Operator Portal Comments to the preferred language of the logged-in user.
How to Set it up:
Your IT team should use the company's Google account and credit card information to request a Google Language Translation API key.
- Go to https://cloud.google.com/translate/docs/basic/setup-basic
- Click Set up a project.
- Name the new project in the Enable Cloud Translation API screen.
- They may ask you to create or connect to an existing billing account. Google gives you a $300 credit to use the Cloud Translation API over a year to try it out.
- Create a new service account.
- This screen will pop up with your new project name and the associated service account. Click Download Private Key. This API key (written in JSON) connects your site to the Google Cloud. To enable API, download the private key.
- Send in an L2L Support Request asking L2L Support to enable the Google Translation Services for your site! Be sure to include the API key in your ticket to us.