For organizations with multiple Lines in L2L that would like to categorize these lines into subcategories, you can designate Line Categories for grouping. Line Categories is an open/custom field that is NOT part of the overall hierarchy.
Much like Technologies and Value Streams, Line Categories are determined by the site administrator and are simple to create. Here are the steps:
1. In the Setup menu go to 'Line Categories'
2. Choose 'Add New' in the top menu bar
3. Give the Category a Code and Description
4. Press 'Save'.
Following the setup of your category:
5. In the Admin Setup menu, choose 'Lines' (or the second level of L2L hierarchy if you have given it a different name other than Line).
6. Choose the Line you wish to edit.
7. In the drop-down list for 'Line Categories' choose the category of your choice.
NOTE: Lines may belong to multiple Line Categories
8. Press 'Save'