Cookies & Cache - What are they and how do I remove them?!
Cookies are small pieces of data that are saved to your browser when browsing sites and make for an easier & faster experience the next time you visit.
How do I clear Cookies & Cache in Chrome:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
How do I clear Cookies & Cache in Safari:
- Click on Safari in the top left and select Preferences.
- Click the Privacy Tab.
- Click the Button to Remove ALL Website Data.
- In the Pop-up, click Remove Now.
How do I clear Cookies & Cache in Internet Explorer:
- Select Tools (the Gear Icon in the top right).
- In the dropdown, click Safety, Delete Browsing History.
- Uncheck 'Preserve Favorites'
- Check 'Temporary Internet Files' & 'Cookies' and click Delete.
How do I clear Cookies & Cache in Microsoft Edge:
- In Microsoft Edge, go to More > Settings .
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- Select the check box next to each data type you’d like to clear, and then select Clear.
How do I clear Cookies & Cache in Firefox:
- Click on the Menu button in the upper right corner.
- Select Options > Privacy.
- Click on Clear your Recent History.
- In the Pop-up Select the Time Range to Clear.
- Check the boxes 'Browsing & Download History', 'Form & Search History', 'Cookies', 'Cache', & 'Active Logins'.
- Click Clear Now.
How do I clear Cookies & Cache in Safari on Iphone or Ipad:
Note that this will log you out of any websites you've signed into. Follow these steps to clear out the Safari cache on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app, and scroll down through the group of options until you find Safari and then Tap
- Scroll down again and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'.
- Tap 'Clear History and Data'
Please note this important housekeeping item: If you regularly access L2L from a saved, bookmarked page, you may also encounter cached items in the bookmarked page itself. This is especially true if software has been updated since you created the bookmarked page, either by your site IT Network Administrator, L2L, or the parent browser.
If you have tried the steps above and are still seeing issues, try this:
- Instead of clicking on the bookmark, manually enter your company specific URL into your browser and then 'Enter'
- That URL will look like this: MyCompanyName.Leading2Lean.com
- Log in and open L2L
- Return to the page where you encountered the issue previously
- The issue should no longer be present
- Log out of your L2L session
- When you are back at the L2L login page, bookmark and save this instance.
- Remember to delete the previously bookmarked page to avoid selecting the wrong page going forward.
Pro Tip: SmartPhone manufacturers recommend that you completely shut down your phone at least once a week and leave it turned off for at least one full minute prior to restarting.