TEFF is a metric used to measure process theoretical efficiency. It is different from OEE in that it doesn't use scrap or availability in the metric calculation.
- Cycle times must be defined for TEFF metric to calculate. Go to "Production" > "Line Cycle Times" to define cycle times.
- If you are not using the product orders feature, all Cycle Times must be set up using the "All Products" option.
- You must set up a cycle time for each individual line.
- Active pitch schedules must be populated within the production module to use the TEFF calculation.
- If Ideal Cycle Times are listed for each line/ product, TEFF will use that. If not, TEFF will use the cycle time without applying the planning rate.
Calculating TEFF for a single pitch
TEFF = Pitch Actual ÷ Pitch Theoretical Parts
Pitch Theoretical Parts = Pitch Planned Production Time in Seconds ÷ Pitch Ideal Line Cycle Time in Seconds
- Actual Parts Produced is either entered manually on a pitch or entered through the API
- Downtime is not used when calculating TEFF.
Calculating TEFF for multiple pitches
Since each pitch has a different Line Cycle Time, we cannot use it to calculate TEFF for multiple pitches. Furthermore, it cannot be summed, and cannot be averaged. In order to calculate an accurate TEFF for multiple pitches, we use Theoretical Parts in the multi-pitch calculation.
TEFF = sum(Pitch Actual) ÷ sum(Pitch Theoretical Parts)
When enabled, TEFF is displayed on the following screens:
- Operator Portal
- Pitch Board
- Daily Production Summary report
- Weekly Production Summary report
- Raw Pitchboard Data report
The Theoretical Parts portion of the TEFF formula is used to calculate Target Quantity on the Operator Portal. Downtime is considered when calculating Target Quantity.
- The Pitch board view within the operator portal is a great way to see your TEFF metrics on an hourly basis.
- If your TEFF metric is 0 you are probably missing one of the metric variables. Please review the setup above and verify your setup. Specifically check the Line Cycle Time Settings for the line. TEFF is highly dependent on having the Ideal Line Cycle Time setup.
- This metric is sometimes referred to as "Efficiency" or "Machine Efficiency"
- A widely accepted average TEFF target range for setup purposes is 75 - 80 %