Component Codes are the noun or the object that you worked on within the dispatch.
Example 1- "I replaced the belt on the drive." Component is Drive
Example 2- "The track needed to be re-aligned" Component is Track
Quick Tip- You can delete actions or components by clicking on the Clear button to the right of the comments box.
*If you are using the Technician Portal, L2L Insights will give you suggested fixes based on the Machine and Dispatch Type along with recent historical data. Simply click on Add Component to choose a fix.
- Go to the Setup Menu and click ‘Component Codes’
- Click ‘Add New’ located in the upper right corner on the “Component Codes” bar
- Enter new Component Code information
- Enter Component Code Description (be sure integer is below or equal to 2147483647)
- Check Default option for entire site if code will be available for all events across entire site. If code applies to specific event types and/or machine(s) leave unchecked and select applicable criteria below (Area, Line, Machine, Dispatch Type etc.
- Click ‘Save’.