Value Streams are used to connect product value streams with machines. Value-stream mapping is a lean-management method for analyzing the current state and designing a future state for the series of events that take a product or service from its beginning through to the customer with reduced lean wastes. Data can be tracked and reports pulled by Value Stream.
- Go to the ‘Setup’ menu and click ‘Value Streams’.
- Click ‘Add New’ located in the upper right corner on the ‘Value Streams’ bar.
- Enter ‘Code’ name (i.e. product type, process flow). Codes are locked once saved. They can be inactivated, but not deleted.
- Enter ’Description’ (i.e. seatbelts). Choose a description that is common within the workplace and understood throughout.
- Choose a color for display on the main dispatch screen. If you know the RGB Hex Value, simply type it into the available space. Clicking in the empty field will bring up a color pallet to choose a color from as well.
- Make sure Active is selected.
- Click save.