Standard Work/Documents Module details:
- All Documents - This is where all documents for your site are listed from left to right by category, number, name, description, action of what needs to be completed, if the document is active, type, and if the document is checked out. Documents can be attached to Scheduled Events, Skills, Work Orders, Products, Product Orders, Build Sequences, the Lean Tools Module, and Dispatches. You can apply filters to narrow your search if you are looking for a specific document type.
- Shared Documents - If you are one of multiple locations within the same company that uses L2L, you now have the ability to share documents across sites, provided all of those sites are on the same server. To share a document, click the 'edit' button at the bottom, and select the checkbox below 'Share Documents'. Save. Now, go back into the document and you'll see that 'Share Documents' is set to true. Shared Documents can be attached to the same modules as Documents that are site-specific. The Fields name, description, category, and active are managed by the site that owns/created the document and cannot be edited. Inactive documents cannot be shared. You can apply filters to narrow your search if you are looking for a specific document type.
- Revision History - This is a quick way to see the latest changes made to any document that has been created. From left to right, you will see the Number, Name, Changes, Published, and when it was Last Updated. You can apply filters to narrow your search if you are looking for a specific document type.
- Views - Access to a screen showing a timestamped chronological history of documents, by name and revision, viewed by user.
- Open/Closed Checklists - Access to the screen showing a list of all Checklist copies within the system. The Filters can be used to include or exclude Checklist document copies according to Owner (all or the currently logged-in User); Checklist Status; Area, Trade, or Value Stream documented; and Start and End Date.
- Categories - Document Categories are used to organize documents by subject or content type, and must be assigned a Code (abbreviation) and a Name (description): for example “EHS” for Code and “Environmental Health and Safety” for a Name. The Code will also be set as the prefix of the document number for all documents in that category. Several additional properties must be defined by category, which is then applied to all documents within the category: if documents in the Category should be available as Production Standard Work on the Operator Portal, if Checklist documents within the category should include either Pre- and/or Post-work tasks, and all approvers required to sign off on revisions to documents in the category as well as whether approval is only required from a single approver to publish a revision.
- Checklist Import - Access to the screen where Documents Module Administrators can download the Checklist Import template and import a completed template to create a new Checklist or revise an existing Checklist. It is important to note that a template can only contain contents for a single Checklist at a time
- Upload Multiple Documents - Access to the screen where multiple documents to be created as Files can be uploaded into a single category at one time by a Document Module Administrator. Categories must first be defined in the Documents Module to use this feature.
- Settings - This is the section where you will set up the Documents module to operate in your site and to add Author, Publisher, Approver, and Admin roles. It's important that, when setting up the Documents module, you must thoroughly understand your current Document management processes. If your current system is a manual or paper-based system, the best practice is to mimic current processes digitally in L2L. This creates less disruption to the process and its participants. Document management process participants need only to learn the new tasks of managing the documents process digitally without the need to also learn a new workflow.