If you are not receiving reports that were previously emailed directly to your inbox, or have stopped getting notifications on your mobile device, here are some troubleshooting tips to help resolve the issue.
1. Not receiving reports and notifications via email: When did this begin?
2. Are these Scheduled Reports that were set up for regular, recurring delivery to your inbox via email?
*Is the person reporting this issue also the 'Owner' (author) of these Scheduled Reports?
*Was the recurring report created by someone who is no longer with your company? Has the author's account been inactivated?
3. Are other notifications, like for Dispatches, not being received?
4. Have all notifications stopped? Or just emails? Or just text messages? Or just mobile devices?
5. Have you run a Notification History Report to see a list of all notifications sent for your site?
Reports => Notification History Report (Filter by dates, events, and people. Includes notification history for both mobile devices and email addresses. Successful deliveries, failures, and errors.)
6. Have you checked junk and spam folders?
7. L2L can confirm that we have sent the information, report, notification, etc. to the intended recipient. We can also confirm that it was received by your company network. We cannot confirm that it was successfully received by individual inbox or mobile device.
8. If there is a problem with an email address, when someone is no longer with the company, for example, we get an immediate response from that company's network telling us that this is not or no longer a valid email address.
9. After verifying the items above, the issue most likely lies with some action taken at the local plant or network level. This is where your IT and IS departments can help.
10. You can test this by adding a non-work email address as a recipient to a Scheduled Report you have authored, unless your company policy prohibits this.
11. If the report is delivered successfully via the above test, follow up with these questions for your IT, IS, or local Network Administrators:
- Have any changes been made to firewalls or email servers?
- Were any new restrictions put in place for previously allowed domain names? IP Addresses?
- Did any new whitelisting or un-whitelisting take place?
Please sign in to leave a comment.