This article will walk you through how to set up Notifications for groups of Users or for an entire User Role. If you have access to the Setup Menu and are an Administrator in the Security Settings for Resource Manager and User Manager, you can add Notification Groups.
First, you'll click on the Notification Groups and click 'Add New'.
- The Site should auto-populate to the site you are in, but if you have access to more than one site and want to create the notification group for a different site, you can choose from the dropdown.
- Fill out the Description which will serve as the Title of the Notification Group.
- If you are setting up the Notifications based on Users, Roles, or both, select from the dropdowns.
Next, select 'Add Rule' under Notification Rules.
Toggle the 'Deliver to Mobile Devices' to on, if you want notifications delivered to the L2L Mobile App.
Choose your Delivery Method (Defaults to Email)
Choose the Type of Notification:
- Set Notifications for Events based on Area, Machine, Technology, or Value Stream.
- Unassigned Dispatch: Set notifications based on unassigned events.
- Unassigned Resource: Set notifications based on unassigned resources.
- Assigned Resource: Notify if time on job exceeds defined time.
- Dispatched Resource: Supervisors or Line Leaders may choose to be notified every time a resource is dispatched to a particular Dispatch Type.
- Machine Notifications Groups: Set notifications based on machine notification group settings.
- Line Total Downtime: Set notifications based on line total downtime during day/shift/etc.
- Past Due: Notified when schedule events, work orders exceed due date.
You can then narrow the notification down by Dispatch Type and/or Trade.
Next, you can choose the time in minutes. This means it will send a notification X number of minutes after the dispatch is launched.
You can also choose to receive notifications for X number of Occurrences per machine.
Next, you can choose to only receive notifications for certain Shifts. This is useful if you are concerned about a particular shift or are assigned to only one shift and don't want to know about dispatches being launched on other shifts.
Then you'll choose which days you want to receive notifications on. (defaults to weekdays)
You may want to select start times and end times. This will work like the Shifts but can cover a broader time range. You can also choose to leave them blank.
If you only want to receive notifications for critical machines, you can select that in the drop-down, or you can select for all machines.
You can also toggle 'Notify on Complete' which will notify you when a Dispatch has been completed.
The last toggle will send you 'Repeat' Notifications at select intervals of time.
Be sure to select Save!