Document Revision Numbers
Many L2L Customers use our Standard Work / Document Center to control documents: who can author, edit, approve, and publish documents. They also use the Document Center to control revision levels and revision numbers, so that only the most current document revision level is available.
When you download documents, please be aware of these caveats:
- When you download a document, please note that the revision numbers are not displayed on the document. (They are displayed when viewing or printing the document itself, as opposed to the downloaded version.)
- Once a document is downloaded, it is no longer in L2L. It is now in excel or Word or pdf, whatever application you are using to download. Those auxiliary applications are not controlled by L2L, so we can't add information to them.
- When sharing a document, you can present the downloaded file and refer the recipient(s) to the document page where the file is saved.
- If you are using documents that are files or links, those come from your internal document repository, not from L2L. When the document is downloaded, you are looking at the link or file you downloaded, not the document itself.
- None of that external software (excel/Word/pdf) is controlled by L2L, except where the document link itself is stored. (Checklists are the exception, but they aren't downloaded.)
As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to L2L Support.