L2L is continually working to provide you with new features and enhancements. As with all software, L2L releases updates periodically. Most of the time, these updates will be transparent to you. On occasion, however, particularly with bigger releases and UI changes (User Interface, meaning the pages you view and work in every day), you may find that things look or feel different. And maybe you're not sure if everything is working as it should.
While these changes to the UI are intentional and are most likely working exactly as expected, there are those times that you encounter unexpected performance in different modules. One of the following is likely the culprit in these circumstances:
- Your browser has cached messages that have carried over pre-release information.
- You are working from a Bookmarked page and the information needs to be updated.
- You are not working in the latest, most current version of your browser.
Have no fear! While this is an annoyance, this is generally quickly and easily remedied. Please read the information and steps outlined below. We also have an excellent Support article on Clearing Cookies & Cache in your Browser. The link is below.
Please note this important housekeeping item: If you regularly access L2L from a saved, bookmarked page, you may also encounter cached items in the bookmarked page or web address itself. This is especially true if software has been updated since you created the bookmarked page, either by your site IT / Network Administrator, by L2L, or the parent browser.
In addition to clearing your browser cache (including cookies and browsing history), if you are still seeing unexpected behavior, try this:
- Instead of clicking on the bookmarked page, manually enter your company specific URL into your browser and then 'Enter'
- That URL will look like this: MyCompanyName.Leading2Lean.com
- Log in and open L2L
- Return to the page where you encountered the issue previously
- The issue should no longer be present
- Log out of your L2L session
- When you are back at the L2L login page, bookmark and save this instance.
- Remember to delete the previously bookmarked page to avoid selecting the wrong page going forward.
If an outdated Bookmarked Page seems to be the problem, you can also alert your local IT department. In many cases, they can create a new icon or shortcut that can be released to all user profiles on your local network simultaneously. This means a lot less work for individuals and everyone gets the same fix at the same time.
Pro Tip: SmartPhone manufacturers recommend that you completely shut down your phone at least once a week and leave it turned off for at least one full minute prior to restarting. This will help avoid similar issues on your SmartPhone.