The Resource Calendar is located in the drop-down menu of the Scheduler module and can be used to schedule work from the Scheduler (like PMs) and from the Work Order module to Resources.
This calendar has the capability to pull all jobs, including current reactive work, PMs, and Work Orders, into one screen, so you can see the workload and schedule the resources to complete those jobs.
By using the filters and the view option in the calendar, you can narrow your search to see the jobs and resources. You can schedule the work by specific trades, by specific skills, by specific areas, and by many more options.
1. In the filter section, some things to know: you will need to first select an option in the resource filter on the left side of the screen. (#1) Also, note that you should check the "Show Unassigned Events" checkbox to see jobs that are scheduled but have no resource assigned to them. Here you can filter the resources by name, shifts, skills, and trades.
2. The middle section in the filtering options is used to specify the areas, lines, machines, etc. for the work that is assigned to be completed. (#2)
3. In this section are the different types of work categories and statuses that you wish to filter to see. (#3)
4. Just like in many of our filter screens, you need to 'apply' to see your selections and/or 'clear' the filters to start over.
In this section (#1) you can select to show dispatches, work orders, and/or schedules on the calendar.
Also, like in other screens, you click the APPLY button to activate the desired functions to show in the calendar (#2)
Note: Also in the view options, you can switch from seeing resources on the left side of the calendar to Line and Machine. If you have the project planner activated for your site, you can see the scheduled machines as well.
These icons below are used in the resource calendar to indicate information about the job visually.
: This indicates a future event. You will see on scheduled events
: This is used to indicate the event has been launched as a dispatch
: This indicates a scheduling conflict for the resource
: This indicates that the work is a scheduled event (Frequency)
: This indicates machine. The machine description will follow this icon
: This indicates the trade assigned to the work
Example: In the below screenshot you will see that this is a scheduled job that has a frequency of weekly, to be performed on a transfer pump by an electrician. The job has launched and there is a scheduling conflict for the assigned resource.
Note: There are three different event colors in the resource calendar to signal different jobs
1. Blue is for Scheduled Events like PM's, Audits, etc.. (like the example above)
2. Green is for Work Orders
3. Dark Grey is for currently open dispatches assigned to a resource