Please note that only those individuals with an Administrator level L2L account may hold one or more of the specific Administrator Roles shown below.
Over the years, our Customers have continued to ask for additional ways to more narrowly define who has access to view, add, and edit various items within DISPATCH. As anyone who has been part of the L2L family for more than two years already knows, we continue to refine and improve this process. We have made vast improvements on the road to more granular, person by person access. The ultimate goal is to enable comprehensive, individualized User Role-Based Permissions.
In the past, Administrator level access has been granted per individual and on a module by module basis. Most of the time, the Site L2L Champion has been the person to oversee this process, either granting permissions to these individuals themselves, or by asking a member of the L2L Support Group to do so. Generally speaking, even when a person is an Administrator in L2L, they do not require comprehensive Administrator level access and permissions within each and every module.
Going forward, Administrator access will be easier to maintain and control in terms of what rights and permissions are granted to whom, as well as the site(s) to which this access applies. Previously, the Admin permissions traveled with the individual if that person had access to multiple sites. This is no longer the case. Having an Administrator level account in L2L does not automatically mean Admin level access to all sites or to all modules.
Below is an illustration of the SETUP screen which is visible only to Administrators. This screen is accessible from the Home screen menu under SETUP. Note that Administrator Security Settings is located under the User Setup section of the SETUP page as depicted in the first screenshot below.
Administrator only view of SETUP screen
After opening the Administrator Security Settings view, you will see the Role Definitions for each Administrator sub-role as well the 'Add New', 'Export', and 'Filter' radio buttons. Note that not all of these options will be visible or accessible to every Administrator level account holder.
- Resource Manager: Can add and edit Resource Categories Rates, Shifts, and Trades.
- User Manager: Can add and edit Users, Groups, Roles, Notifications, and Time Tracking.
- API Manager: can add and edit API keys.
- System Manager: Can add and edit Areas, Lines, Machines, Tooling, Cost Centers, and Dispatch Setup, etc.
- IT Manager: Can add and edit SAML Configs, LDAP Configs, IP Access Restrictions, and User Devices.
- Administrator: Can perform all of the above functions, and can edit Administrator Security Permissions.
- All Administrator.Managers have visibility to the Administrator Security Settings link under User Setup so they can view all the Administrator.Managers and their access levels.
By granting Administrator privileges on an individual basis, by module, L2L Site Champions, or the designated site Administrator.Administrator, will more closely control exactly who has access to what sites and modules, as well as their level of permissions within each module.
- Note that all settings (access, permissions, and rights) are for the Administrator.Manager user's home server only.
- Please also note that it is necessary for an individual to have an Administrator level L2L account to be afforded specific Administrator.Manager permissions and access.
An individual with an Administrator level L2L account may hold one or more of the specific Administrator Roles shown below. Access to specific Admin functionality is clearly defined for each Administrator Role. Note that only those people with Administrator.Administrator level authorization can perform all of the functions indicated.
For example, a User Manager Admin can add and edit Users, Groups, Roles, Notifications, and Time Tracking but cannot add and edit Resource Categories Rates, Shifts, and Trades, unless that individual also is a Resource Manager Admin.
Administrator only view and access as granted by individual
Note: if you feel that you no longer have the necessary access and permissions required to perform your job, please contact L2L Support - Support@Leading2Lean.com
L2L Support will then review your request in conjunction with your Site L2L Champion and respond further.
Please sign in to leave a comment.