The dashboard view for Work Orders provides a helpful way to view overall status of a project or sub-project or multiple projects or sub-projects at your site, including activities progress and resource assignment and utilization.
Access to a Dashboard
To access the work order dashboard screen, select “Work Orders” from the left-hand main menu and select “Dashboard” from the menu that appears. This will navigate you to the Work Orders Dashboard page, which will notify you to select at least one Parent or Project Work Order using the Filters option in the upper right of the screen.
The Dashboard page for a given project can also be accessed via the Work Orders Planner page; in the right-most column, labeled “Links”, you can select the “Dashboard” icon for any given project.
You can also access the Dashboard for a particular project or sub-project from within any Work Order Details page. In the upper right of the Work Order Details page, click on the “Links” button to expand the drop-down menu and select the “Dashboard” icon/option. This will navigate you to the dashboard for the active Work Order (project or sub-project).
The dashboard has several available widgets which you can enable or disable as desired to customize the dashboard view. Each of the optional widgets are listed below:
The Resources widget for the project dashboard displays a graphical breakdown of the available resource positions for the selected project into "filled" and "remaining" statuses, as well as a numerical ratio of "filled" to total available positions.
- Positions available refers to the count of all resource records for the project work order and all sub-project work orders, including those without a selected resource.
- Positions filled is a count of all resource records for the project work order and a sub-project work orders in which a resource has been selected.
- Remaining positions is the delta between positions available and positions filled.
The Progress widget on the project dashboard includes a status bar representing the total estimated resource time for all completed work orders of the project against the sum of all estimated resource hours for the project and its sub-projects.
- Estimated Time is equal to the sum of all resource estimated hours for the project work order and its offshoots.
- Completed Time is the sum of all resource estimated hours for completed work orders, including the project work order and its entire child tree.
- Remaining time is calculated as the delta between Estimated time and Completed time, and the Percent Completed is Completed Time divided by Estimated Time.
Launched Work Orders
The Launched Work Orders widget displays a graphical representation of each launched sub-project work order, which coincides with all cards of the “Launched” Work Order Kanban column, for a project work order. Each work order is represented as a colored card which includes the work order description, designated trade and trade color-code, and assigned resources. The color of the card indicates whether the work order is on schedule (green) or overdue (red).
Please sign in to leave a comment.