The Dispatch Screen is the stronghold for all things Dispatch and the coveted foundation module of L2L. We've finally modernized it and made it more user friendly. Let's take a look!
The Dispatch Screen has a header row with a few noteworthy features.
- The 'L2L' icon in the upper left can be used to navigate back to your home page. Along the left-hand side of the page, you will also see the collapsed main navigation bar with icons for quick access to each module.
- To the right you'll find the big green '+New Dispatch' button with the drop down option for entering new Work Orders and Kaizens (if enabled at your site). You'll also find the identification of the current logged in user.
Creating a new dispatch from the Main Dispatch Screen functions the same as throughout the rest of the system. In the top right corner of the page next to your username is the green '+ New Dispatch' button. Clicking on this will bring out a pop-out window where you can enter all the details of the new dispatch to be created.
Creating a new Dispatch:
- Select the 'Machine' if immediately known; choosing the machine first will automatically fill in the corresponding data for 'Line' and 'Area'
- Select the 'Line' associated with the event; the system hierarchy will filter the 'Machines'
- Select the 'Area' associated with the event; the system hierarchy will filter the 'Lines'
- Select the 'Machine'
- Select 'Tooling', if your site uses it
- Write up a description for the event
- Select a Reason Code for the dispatch if required
- Select a 'Trade', if known
- Choose a 'Dispatch Type'; default Dispatch Types will automatically appear there if set up in the 'Areas'
- You can select a Resource from the drop down; this list filters to those that are available and will automatically put them on the job OR leave unassigned if using Dispatchers or the Dispatch Me button
- Dispatchers and Administrators can alter the date/time of the event
- Click 'Create Dispatch'
The dark grey toolbar is where the magic happens.
- To the left, you can search for key words or numbers in the Dispatches.
- To the right, you'll find a button to automatically refresh your screen, 'View Options', 'Filters' and 'More'
- View Options:
- Fields: The default for fields will be 'All' unless you select/unselect items. The fields are all of the information available in the Dispatch List view. For example, if you don't use Tooling, unselect that field from the view options and it will remove the Tooling Column in the Dispatch List. Once you've selected your desired fields, you won't need to do so again. To remove your selections, click 'Clear' to default back to 'ALL' or re-select the fields you wish to see.
- Refresh: Can be set to Automatic or Disabled altogether.
- Dispatches per Page: can be changed from a view of 25 up to 100 at a time.
- Area Filter: This filter will be defaulted to 'Show' which allows you to view the 'Area' Headers. Set to 'Hide' will remove the Area ribbon from view.
- Text Size: This option allows you choose from Small, Normal, and Large. Small is the default and Large is convenient for showing on a TV Screen.
- User Avatars: If your users have an image associated with their user account and are either dispatched or submitted the Dispatch, their avatar or image can be seen on the Dispatch List.
- Resource Usernames: Show or Hide the Usernames, the text in parenthesis, beneath the full name on a Dispatch.
- Saved Filters: To create a 'Saved' filter, first you'll select your preferred options from the drop downs. Now click 'Save Filter'. A pop up box will ask you to name your filter and has a character limit of 25. Click 'Save' again. To update your 'Saved' Filter, simply select the additional criteria, click 'Save Filter' and type in the name of the existing filter you wish to update. To delete a saved filter, click the delete saved filter button, and confirm. To clear your filter, select 'None' and 'Apply'.
- Areas, Lines, Technologies, Trades, Dispatch Types, Statuses, Value Streams, and a Reported Time Frame can all be filtered and applied and additionally saved.
- Want to focus on the unassigned Dispatches to make sure they get assigned and the work completed? Use the Unassigned Dispatch Filter.
- The 'More' button gives you access to 'Request Spares', a 24 hour 'Dispatch History' and 'Resources'.
- View Options:
The main body of the page or the Dispatch List View is tailored to what you want to see from the selections you've made in 'View Options' and 'Filter'. By default, you'll first see an 'Area' ribbon which is an easy way to tab through Dispatches for each Area of your site. You'll also see all of the fields from 'View Options': Dispatch Number (always visible), Resources (assigned or dispatched), Status, Line, Machine, Reported time, Response time, Dispatch Type, and Comments.
- Noteworthy: If you've selected fields from your 'View Options', you'll find +/- buttons to the left of the Dispatch Number. This allows you to expand and collapse Dispatch details. So, even if you have toggled off certain fields from your list view, they are still easily accessible from the expand button.
In the bottom right of your Main Dispatch Screen are the pagination controls which allow you to navigate between pages of dispatches as well as just to the first and last pages as needed.