Work order categories are required and are used similar to other L2L modules that use categories.
They help arrange the work into structures or groups. This makes it easy to use in reports and filtering for the different types of jobs/work.
Here is how to create Work Order categories:
1. Hover your mouse over Work Orders
2. Click on categories
3. Click on Add New
4. Type in a code for the category (Example: Safety)
5. Type in a name for the category (Example: Safety Actions)
6. Select the dispatch type associated with the category
7. Check the box for Require Machine Selection (Note there might be cases where you may not use this)
8. Select a color for the category
9. Click on Save
Note: Here are some other options to use with categories.
A: Allow Resource Selection: Used if you want the requester to assign the job to a particular Resource
B: Show in Menu: Used for those categories that get used often as this is a quick way to filter to that group in the main work order screen. (or you can use the filter option for this function as well)