The Demand of a Pitch is the number of parts needed to build to meet customer demand. Generally speaking, the Pitch Demand is the number of parts that must be built during the pitch.
Pitch demand is essential to the L2L system. It is used to calculate many other Production Metrics. More importantly, it lets Operators know how many parts must be completed during a pitch.
There are many ways to set the Demand on a Pitch Record:
- Manually from the Pitch Schedule. From the Pitch Schedule screen, simply click on a Pitch row to edit the Pitch details.
- By Total Demand on the Pitch Schedule. From the Pitch Schedule screen, click on the "Set Demand" link, and fill out the details under the "By Total Demand" section, then click "Set Demand."
- By Cycle Time on the Pitch Schedule. From the Pitch Schedule screen, click on the "Set Demand" link, and fill out the details under the "By Cycle Time" section, then click "Set Demand."
- Scheduling on the eKanban Planner. From the eKanban Planner screen, filter the Product Orders list, then fill out the criteria below the product orders. When one of the scheduling buttons (Redistribute, Minimal Changeovers, etc) is pressed, the system will automatically schedule the product orders and set the demand on any pitch that will be used to build the product orders.
- By Product Order on the Order Planner screen. From the Product Orders screen, click the "Set Pitch Demand" button, fill out the details and click "Set Demand." This will set the Pitch demand on Pitches that will build the scheduled Product Orders without changing the dates on the scheduled Product Orders.
- Using one of the methods on the /pitches/ API. There are a number of methods available in the API that can be used to set the Pitch Demand. These API methods use the same methodology that is available in the UI, but makes them available for you to schedule through an integration.
Note: If you have the setting 'set demand on changeover' enabled in the Production Settings; you will not want to also set the demand using the redistribute button of the eKanban Planner.
Note: Please also note that Redistribute uses Cycle Time to set demand, unless the 'schedule by' is changed to quantity. If the demand is set manually, and then the Redistribute function is used, the system will change to planning based on the Cycle Time for the line or cell.