User Roles tied to Skills and People
User roles are a way to connect a person to a job function and to a skill. In the example below, you can see two different User Roles are needed for this line: Operator and Engine Builder. The Skills have a required role that needs to be trained on to satisfy the Skill requirement.
This is a way to track who needs training on what Skills. For example, Mark is an Engine Builder so he only needs to know two skills on the example line: the Cylinder Honing and TPM Skills. However, Bob is an Engine Builder and an Operator, so he needs to know all five skills.
- Note: Another way users roles are used is for those teams who don't normally work on a line. Like Maintenance, Engineering or Material runners. These support groups can also use the Role as a way to track the training of the individuals and notify when new or annual training is needed for example.
To add or edit a user role and tie to a user
1. Click on the Edit User Roles tab in the settings.
2. To add a new user role, select the Add New button or to edit the skill, just click on the user role code to open and edit.
3. If you selected to edit the user role and or tie users to this role after you selected the code, then you can make the changes of editing the description, change or add colors, select users in the drop-down box and inactivate if needed.
4. If you wanted to add a new role you can do this by selecting the Add New button and filling out the needed information to add the new user role.
Note: You must have admin rights to perform this function.
For more information on how to add a user role, please review this Link to Setup - User Roles