Pitch Pace: How many pitches a line is ahead or behind
- Calculation: (Actual-Demand) / (Average Demand To Date)
Pace: How many actual parts are behind.
- Calculation: (Actual / Demand)
The Pace metric will be the same color as the Pitch Pace metric. The Pace and Pitch Pace metrics may be calculated using a different date range than the date range that is selected on the Production Status by Line dashboard:
- When Day to Date is selected, the Pace and Pitch Pace metrics will be calculated for the selected day, just like all other metrics on the dashboard.
- When Month to Date and Week to Date are selected, and the "Pace Start Date" setting is enabled in the Line Setup screen, the Pace and Pitch Pace metrics will be calculated using the "Pace Start Date" setting as the start date, and the dashboard end date as the end date. We enforce a three-month maximum to calculate Pace and Pitch Pace, so if the "Pace Start Date" is more than three months in the past, we will start counting Pace and Pitch Pace from 3 months ago.
- If there is no "Pace Start Date" set on the line, and if the Production Setting "Carry over the previous week Pace metric" is enabled, the Pace and Pitch Pace metrics will be calculated starting from the previous week's production start of the day.
- See the Carrying Forward Past Due Pace for more information on how to use those features.
This metric will be prorated in certain areas of the application. Please see the article on Prorated Production Metrics for more information.