Purchasing UOM (Unit of Measure)
- When purchasing spares parts in L2L, sometimes they are ordered from the vendor in a different UOM than what they are consumed at the site.
- For example you may purchase by the box, roll, or drum. Then you may issue/consume them by each, foot/meter, liter/gallon.
- You can select if the UOM for purchasing is different when setting up the part in the part detail or in the part order detail as shown below.
- Example- I order a box oil that has 12 quarts per box. The purchasing unit of measure would be box with 12 units per box.
- You may want to adjust your part min/optimum values to allow you to order in full box quantities if there is an economic order benefit.