From your Product Order Screen choose a Product, and select 'Add New' from the Build Sequences table.
A build sequence can now be created in this new screen:
- Provide the Build Sequence a name and sequence number - the order of execution. The name can reference the operation taking place per the sequence number, the product order name, etc. according to your site's needs.
- Note: The "Product" dropdown will automatically populate based on the overarching order.
- Set up "Dependencies" for this Build Sequence here or on the main "Product Order" screen. From this screen, you can choose the sequence # you want the current sequence to follow. From the main view screen, you can select all and set the "Dependencies" to follow the order sequence.
- Note: You do not have to select a "Dependency". A dependency means that one product is contingent on another product being produced first. It also does not mean that you can't move on to the next sequence prior to the completion of the first.
- Select "Lines" that can build the sequence. If several lines can build it, choose each one.
- Use "Line Assigned" to choose which line will build the sequence.
- Enter a "Planned Operator Count" for a number of operators planned to support production.
- The "Changeover Duration", "Cleanup Duration", and "Planned Cycle Time" will automatically populate based on the corresponding "Product Setup". Also, show in reports actual vs planned.
- You can add the planned cycle time if different from the one set in the product (This will override the product set cycle time for the line)
- You can add a Cleanup Duration. This is used for clean-up after the build to prepare for the next order. (Will need production setting set to "allow operators to overbuild orders for this feature to work). This will open and close a dispatch from the time you select the cleanup button on an order to the time you complete the order. (push complete order button) Also, show in reports actual vs planned.
- If needed, modify the "Scheduled Date", "Due Date", and "Order Quantity" brought over from the Product Order information.
- There is an option to provide an additional "Description" to the Build Sequence.
- "Documents" related to this specific sequence can be added in; these will be supplementary to documents associated directly to the Product Order.
- Note: Documents can be connected to the overarching order from the "Product Order" screen by selecting Edit, then selecting the appropriate documents from the "Documents" dropdown.
- Note: After saving, at the bottom of the "Product Order" screen, the attached "Documents" will be listed and will indicate whether it is associated to the order or a particular sequence.
- If there is a "Barcode" for this product, it will automatically populate or you can choose one within this screen.