From your Product Order Screen choose a Product, and select 'Add New' from the Build Sequences table.
A build sequence can now be created in this new screen:
- Provide the Build Sequence a name and sequence number - the order of execution. The name can reference the operation taking place per the sequence number, the product order name, etc. according to your site's needs.
- Note: The "Product" dropdown will automatically populate based on the overarching order.
- Set up "Dependencies" for this Build Sequence here or on the main "Product Order" screen. From this screen, you can choose the sequence # you want the current sequence to follow. From the main view screen, you can select all and set the "Dependencies" to follow the order sequence.
- Note: You do not have to select a "Dependency". A dependency means that one product is contingent on another product being produced first. It also does not mean that you can't move on to the next sequence prior to the completion of the first.
- Select "Lines" that can build the sequence. If several lines can build it, choose each one.
- Use "Line Assigned" to choose which line will build the sequence.
- Enter a "Planned Operator Count" for number of operators planned to support production.
- The "Changeover Duration", "Cleanup Duration", and "Planned Cycle Time" will automatically populate based on the corresponding "Product Setup".
- If needed, modify the "Scheduled Date", "Due Date", and "Order Quantity" brought over from the Product Order information.
- There is an option to provide an additional "Description" to the Build Sequence.
- "Documents" related to this specific sequence can be added in; these will be supplementary to documents associated directly to the Product Order.
- Note: Documents can be connected to the overarching order from the "Product Order" screen by selecting Edit, then selecting the appropriate documents from the "Documents" dropdown.
- Note: After saving, at the bottom of the "Product Order" screen, the attached "Documents" will be listed and will indicate whether it is associated to the order or a particular sequence.
- If there is a "Barcode" for this product, it will automatically populate or you can choose one within this screen.