Skill levels are used to define the competence level of an individual with regards to an identified skill needed to perform their job. These levels are set by the company, including what criteria is needed to advance to the next level of training.
Example: Jane starts a new job. On her first day at the work site, when she checks into her work center in L2L, the system will show her skill level as ' 0 ' to signal that she has no training. After her first day on the job, the trainer may decide to move Jane up to the next level of training as she has some knowledge of this skill necessary to perform her job. As Jane's skill increases, the trainer will move her up to the next skill level of the training process until Jane has satisfied the criteria set by the company to be considered fully trained.
- To start to add skill levels, follow these steps below:
- Click on Skills Module
- Click on Skill Levels
- Click Add New
- Next steps are to set the new Skill Level Detail
- Add the level number according to your company's requirements
- You must have one skill level with the level set to 0 (zero) for the system to recognize this and reset the skill level after a revision
- Example: Needs Training is the lowest skill level and the level is set to 0 (zero)
- Add the name of the skill level
- Add the description of the skill level
- make sure the 'Active" box is selected
- (unchecking the active box will make this level inactive)
- Pick a color for this level
- Companies typically start out with the color red for the skill level of 'Needs Training' and then go to a lighter color yellow and end up at green for the top skill level.
- Select save down below to save this new skill level