Yokoten is a Lean Manufacturing tool that translates to 'Share Sideways'. When improvements are made in large organizations, they need to be spread across the organization to like machines and processes. The Yokoten tool helps business manage the sharing of improvements across the organization.
Note: The Lean Execution Modules are separate from the Dispatch module. Contact a Leading2Lean Sr. Account Manager to turn this feature on at your site.
- Show the Priority field on the ‘Add’ Yokoten screen: Allows the administrator to set the priority of the Yokoten project.
- Show the Due Date field on the ‘Add’ Yokoten screen: Allows the administrator to show the due date of the Yokoten for implementation.
- Show the Owner field on the ‘Add’ Yokoten screen: Allows the administrator of the Yokoten to be visible.
- Show the Trade field on the ‘Add’ Yokoten screen: Allows the Administrator to identify the Trade to work on the Yokoten.
Yokoten Notification Settings
These settings give you the ability to notify owners, approvers, and/or requesters for Yokotens by selecting True or False in the dropdown.
- Send a notification to the new owner of a Yokoten when assigned from routing rules.
- Send a notification to the approvers of a Yokoten when assigned from routing rules.
- Send a notification to the owner and requester when Yokoten is denied.
- Send a notification to the owner and requester when the Yokoten is approved.
- Send a notification to the owner and requester when Yokoten is started.
- Send a notification to the owner and requester when Yokoten is completed.
Dispatch Type: Select the Dispatch Type to be launched by the Yokoten.
Yokoten Security Settings
- Go to ‘Lean Tools’ via the menu tab on left side of the main screen, now go to ‘Yokoten’ and click on ‘Settings’.
- To add Administrative Users click ‘Add New’ located in the upper right corner on the ‘Yokoten Security Settings’ bar.
- Search and select the user from the drop-down list.
- Select the necessary clearance:
- Approver can approve Yokotens.
- Owner can add new Yokotens, own Yokotens, and view all Yokotens.
- Administrator can administrate Yokoten creation, update and complete on local site.
Statuses are used on the Yokoten edit page by the Administrator to manage the process. The system has 8 System Statuses that cannot be modified and the ability to add Site Statuses as required.
To enter a new Site Status, simply select the 'Add New' button at the top of the screen.
Priorities are customized by each site. Simply decide on a priority system to be used for Yokoten, then select 'Add New' to create a new status.
Another custom field that allows the additional management of the Yokotens. Use this field to categorize the Yokotens into families, types, cost, etc.