Requesting spares is the process of searching for, locating, and attaching to a spare part or parts to a Dispatch. The request spares process is done from the dispatch detail screen and can only be performed by someone with Resource permissions or higher. Here is how to request a spare part:
1. From the Main Dispatch screen, select the dispatch that is currently being worked on by clicking on the hyperlink dispatch number found at the left of the dispatch page.
2. Once the Dispatch detail screen is open, go to the dropdown menu selection called 'Spares Issued'
3. On the far right of this dropdown, select the button 'Request Spares'
When 'Request Spares' is selected, you will be taken to the following screen to finish your request. On this page, there are 3 main sections
1. Information about the dispatch the resource is currently requesting spares for
2. The shopping cart showing details about the spares that have been requested for this particular dispatch. In this field the resources can:
- Choose the quantity of parts to be requested.
- Identify what location the part is being pulled from (if multiple locations are available)
- Choose a Consumption Category for tracking purposes.
- Leave comments if required
- Remove the spare part from the request
- Submit the request to the system
3. The Bill of Material or Spare Part search results for request. When using this section, the resource can:
- If a Bill of Materials has been generated for this machine, these parts will show first in this section for ease of identification.
- Search for a part in the inventory by using keywords, numbers, description and even vendors.
- Select the part needed and add it to the cart. Note: multiple parts may be selected prior to clicking the 'Submit Cart' button.
Once the request has been made, remember to hit the 'Submit Cart' button to assign these parts to the dispatch.