When spares are requested by various users in the site the requests are managed in the spares queue page. The spares inventory manager has several statuses that they can utilize to process the request. Below are descriptions and use cases for each spares status.
- Issue Requested is an indicator that the request is new and has not been processed yet. All request start out in this status until it is changed or closed by the inventory manager.
- In Process This status is used to indicate that the request has not been filled and is still in process. You can change the status to In Process if for some reason you are not able to complete the request at this time, but want to indicate to the requester that you have received the request and it is being processed.
- Complete If there are not concerns and the request can be completed, you can change the status to complete and then close the request. Also simply closing the request without changing status will automatically change the status to Complete.
- Synchronized When you have integration setup with another system or ERP this will confirm that the transactions have been synchronized.
- Deleted When a problem exists in a spares request such as wrong quantity or the spare part is no longer needed, the delete status is the correct status to use. changing the status to Delete and closing the request will return the item(s) and to stock and close the request.
- Best practice is to close all spare parts in a timely manner. We recommend all spares transactions be closed daily.
- To verify transactions you can run the spares history report and sort by status column.
- All Deleted transactions have two transactions in the spares history one for the request and the other to check the part back into stock. Transactions will net zero cost and quantity.
- When running monthly spares history watch out for deleted transactions that span two months, you may need to reconcile for such transactions depending on your accounting practices.
- Inventory is decremented at the time the spares request is made.