We sometimes get this question via our Support Desk. But if you are the person experiencing sluggish performance, this can be really frustrating. We sure understand this frustration and want to do everything we can to help you get back to working quickly.
If things seem to be running slowly, there are a couple of things you can check to see if this is an issue with L2L or with your Internet or local network:
- Are you experiencing issues connecting to other Internet sites? Try opening a new window, not just a new tab, maybe in a different browser, and see if you are able to access a different Internet site more quickly.
- Is the Intranet inside your company working as normal and as expected?
- You may want to touch base with your local IT folks as well as they may be aware of issues affecting speed and performance network wide.
- What browser are you using? Many of our customers report better performance and speed working in Chrome than when working in other browsers. Also, check to make sure you are running the latest version of your browser(s).
Here are some things that help us research and isolate any performance issues:
- When you contact us, please let us know the name of your company as well as the location of your facility.
- What were you working on when you experienced sluggish performance, page loading or response time? Including full, complete screenshots along with the URL, is extremely helpful.
- Is a process timing out and all you’re seeing is a swirling orb or hour glass that never progresses?
- If you are seeing any error messages, please include a screenshot and URL of the error message. These expedite our research and resolution of any problems as well.
Bear in mind that every web server can only support requests from a certain number of people at any given time. Once that number is surpassed, the page will load more slowly than usual. The more requests, the slower the response time.
This is where your local IT and Network Support teams can be very helpful to you.
- Ask if any processes or reports seem to be caught in a virtual loop.
- Are large numbers of data and resource heavy reports being generated simultaneously?
- Does API traffic seem higher than normal?
Does the system seem to be bogged down at the same times consistently? On the same days? Uncovering these patterns will help resolve issues more quickly.
If you run into sluggish speed or performance issues, please let us know and we will sure try to help. The fastest way for us to both respond and capture all pertinent information is by emailing us at Support@Leading2Lean.com