There are a number of ways to get to the Dispatch History report. The first way is to go to the Dispatch History report from the reports screen. The second way is to click the "History Detail" link at the top of many reports in Dispatch. Read more about the History Detail below.
- Dispatch #: The Dispatch number :-)
- Resource: Dispatched Resources (does not include Assigned Resources).
- Statuses: Each the status a dispatch has been set to, along with the duration of each status.
- Line: The line where the machine is located.
- Machine: The Machine which the dispatch was logged against.
- Value Stream: The value stream associated with the Machine.
- Tooling: The Tooling associated with the dispatch.
- Reported/Completed/Man Hours: Date and time the Dispatch was reported, date and time the dispatch was completed, and the total amount of time a resource has been dispatched to the dispatch.
- Time: Total elapsed time since the dispatch was created.
- Dispatch Type: The dispatch type.
- Response Time: How much time passed between the time the dispatch was created and when the first resource was dispatched.
- Comments: Comments on the dispatch.
The History Detail link provides access to view the actual dispatches that make up the original report. This is helpful when drilling down deeper than the original report provides.
Why History Detail Doesn't Match?
The history detail link is a great tool to drill to the lowest level when analyzing report data from L2L. Often times we get questions as to why the report doesn't match the history detail? The primary reason that the two don't match is due to the timeframe of the report. Let's say you run a downtime Pareto report for the past 7 days. It is very likely that there were open dispatches that overlapped your date ranges on both ends of the report date fields. With that said, the Pareto will show exact data for the timeframe you selected, however the history detail will show all information related to the dispatches that fall inside your report timeframe parameters. You may also find a discrepancy between the Time Pareto and the Dispatch Summary Report. You'll see that the Time Pareto minutes are not rounded, while the Dispatch Summary Report minutes are rounded. In addition, utilizing other custom report filters such as shelf time per day will also cause discrepancies between reports and their corresponding history detail as described above.
How The History Detail Report Is Helpful
Once you've drilled down and identified a problem you wish to dig into deeper, the history detail screen is a great way to view specific comments from the operator or technician, or see who are the subject matter experts so you can go gather more information from the source. It is also a great way to look for patterns or trends to help in identifying root cause.
Note: For more information on the verbage in this report and others; please read the article about Filters & Checkbox Options in Reports here.