Wondering what visibility or access each Role in L2L provides? or maybe you are wondering why you don't have access to something you think you should (looking at you, Admins). If you are seeing greyed-out sections, being kicked out after clicking on something, or aren't able to click hyperlinks; it's likely you don't have full access. Take a look below!
What Can Users Do in L2L?
Dispatch: Users can create Dispatches, Operator Fixes, Work Orders and Kaizens. They can also View the Dispatch Screens. Users cannot Edit Dispatches or Close/ Complete them.
Document Center: View Documents and Complete and Close Checklists.
Scheduler: View Schedule Calendars. Users cannot create or edit schedules.
Work Orders: Create new Work Orders, view Work Orders and view the Calendar. Users cannot edit Work Orders.
Spares: Request Spares.
Production: View Week Summary, Operator Portal, Pitch Boards and Reports.
Dashboards: View Dashboards.
Skills: Can Acknowledge Training.
Reports: View all Reports.
Users cannot access the Setup menu or view API Documentation.
What Can Resources do in L2L?
Dispatch: Resources can be Dispatched, can create, edit and close and complete Dispatches.
Document Center: Resources can view all Documents and complete and close Checklists. Resources cannot create documentation or revisions.
Scheduler: Resources can be assigned to Scheduled Events, View Calendars, and Update machine counts. Resources cannot create or edit schedules.
Work Orders: Resources can create and view Work Orders, as well as view the calendar. They cannot edit Work Orders.
Spares: Resources can request Spares.
Production: View the Weekly Summary, Operator Portal, & Pitch Boards.
Dashboards: View all.
Skills: Acknowledge Skills. Resources cannot edit or add Skills.
Reports: View all.
Resources cannot access the Setup Menu or the API Documentation.
What Can Administrators do in L2L? Being an Administrator in Leading2Lean provides greater access and permissions than non-Administrators have. However, being an Admin does not necessarily or automatically mean you have Administrator-level access in every L2L Module. For more information on Module Permissions read that section of this article.
- Administrators can create, edit, Complete and Close Dispatches
- Can Assign Resources to Dispatches
- Can Dispatch Resources to Dispatches
- Can Update & Delete Dispatches
- Can Modify Settings in the Dispatch Module
Standard Work / Document Center Module:
- Administrators can view all Document/Standard Work instances.
- Administrators can complete and close Checklists and Standard Work.
- Administrators can create Document Revisions.
- Administrators can View Document Associations.
- Administrators can edit closed Checklists.
- Administrators can view all Schedules
- Administrators can view Schedule Calendars
- Administrators can see Unscheduled Machines
- Administrators can Update Machine Counts
- Administrators can modify Scheduler Settings
Work Order Module:
- Administrators can create new Work Orders
- View existing Work Orders
- View the Work Order Calendar
- Run Work Order Reports
- Modify Work Order Settings
- Administrators can Request Spares
- Administrators can Perform Spares Imports
- Administrators can view and Add New:
- Tooling Categories
- Tooling Statuses
- Tooling Locations
- Administrators can view the following:
- Week Summary
- Operator Portal
- Pitch Boards
- Pitch Schedules
- Pitch Schedule Templates
- Scrap Categories
- Product Orders
- Administrators can edit the following:
- Pitch Details
- Modify Production Settings
Dashboards: View all.
Reports: View all.
Setup: Administrators can access the SETUP Menu
Administrator Security Settings
After opening the Administrator Security Settings view, you will see the Role Definitions for each Administrator sub-role as well the 'Add New', 'Export', and 'Filter' radio buttons. Note that not all of these options will be visible or accessible to every Administrator level account holder.
- Resource Manager: Can add and edit Resource Categories Rates, Shifts, and Trades.
- User Manager: Can add and edit Users, Groups, Roles, Notifications, and Time Tracking.
- API Manager: can add and edit API keys.
- System Manager: Can add and edit Areas, Lines, Machines, Tooling, Cost Centers, and Dispatch Setup, etc.
- IT Manager: Can add and edit SAML Configs, LDAP Configs, IP Access Restrictions, and User Devices.
- Administrator: Can perform all of the above functions, and can edit Administrator Security Permissions.
- All Administrator.Managers have visibility to the Administrator Security Settings link under User Setup so they can view all the Administrator.Managers and their access levels.
By granting Administrator privileges on an individual basis, by module, L2L Site Champions, or the designated site Administrator.Administrator, will more closely control exactly who has access to what sites and modules, as well as their level of permissions within each module.
- Note that all settings (access, permissions, and rights) are for the Administrator.Manager user's home server only.
- Please also note that it is necessary for an individual to have an Administrator level L2L account to be afforded specific Administrator.Manager permissions and access.
These permissions can be granted in the User Setup or within the individual Module Settings by an Administrator within that Module.
Documents Module Permissions:
Author: Can add, checkout, and edit documents and past revisions.
Publisher: In addition to the Documents Author, can manage document categories
and publish documents.
Approver: Can approve document revisions.
Administrator: In addition to all permissions granted to the Document Publisher, can manage users.
Scheduler Module Permissions:
Scheduler: Can modify existing schedules but cannot alter launch or due dates.
Manager: Can additionally create schedules and alter launch and due dates.
Administrator: Can additionally setup permissions and upload schedules.
Production Module Permissions:
Production Planner: Can add and edit the pitch schedule.
Skills Module Permissions:
Manager: Can add and edit trainers and user skills.
Trainer: Can edit user skills.
Administrator: Can add and edit in all skill related areas.
Spares Module Permissions:
Issuer: Can issue a part from the queue.
Purchaser: Can purchase a part.
Inventory Manager: Can add categories, units of measure, receive parts and manage inventory.
Administrator: In addition to all permissions granted to the Spares Issuer, Purchaser and Inventory Manager, the Administrator user can also add users and grant permissions.
Work Order Permissions:
Approver: Can approve Work Orders.
Scheduler: Can assign resources and schedule Work Orders.
Administrator: Can do everything above and setup categories and permissions.
Administrator Permissions Across Sites on a Shared Server
As you know under user setup you can give a user, resource, or administrator, module settings for a site(s). For example, under a user profile, you choose the User Group and underneath that, you can select User Authorization Groups for the specific modules. Also if you are an Admin you can grant or remove permissions under each module setting as well.
Something you need to be aware of in user setup is what sites a user has access to, the reason being that if a user, resource, or administrator has certain permissions under User Authorization Groups and they have access to more than one site, that user has those same permissions on all sites. If you remove certain permissions from one site, it will remove those permissions from all sites associated with that user.
If this has happened to you, please reach out to a Site Champion or L2L Support to assist.