- Go to the ‘Setup’ menu and click ‘Users’
- Select the User from list
- Click ‘Edit Management’
- Click ‘Add New’ located in the upper right corner on the “User Notification” bar
- Select user’s Email/SMS address
- Select the notification type
- Site: Set notifications for events within site
- Area: Set notification for events within area/s
- Machine: Set notifications for events by machine
- Value Stream: Set notifications for events within value streams
- Unassigned Dispatch: Set notifications based on unassigned events
- Unassigned Resource: Set notifications based on unassigned resources
- Assigned Resource: Receive a notification when you are assigned to a Dispatch.
- Dispatched Resource: Supervisors or Line Leaders may choose to be notified every time a resource is dispatched to a particular Dispatch Type.
- Notifications Groups: Set notifications based on notification group settings
- Line Total Downtime: Set notifications based on line total downtime during day/shift/etc
- Past Due: Notified when schedule events, work orders exceed due date
- Select appropriate settings based on notification type
- Select ‘Trade’ if notifications will be base on Trade
- Enter Time in minutes
- Select ‘Repeat Interval’ if repeat notifications are desired
Note: User will be notified depending on “Time in minutes” threshold and “Occurrences per Machine” (i.e. “Time in Note: Number of repeats User will be notified depending on “Repeat Interval in Minutes” setting (i.e.” Number of Repeats” set at “Infinite” and “Repeat Interval in Minutes“ set at 60, User will get notified every 60 min until machine is up)
Minutes” set at 240 min and “Occurrences per Machine” set at 1, User will be notified when machine is down 240 min one time or “Time in Minutes” set at 0 and “Occurrences per Machine” set at 3 User will be notified when machine is down 3 times in 24 hours (per setting)
- Select Shift or Days plus ‘Start’ and ‘Stop’ times for notification
- Note: Start and stop times can be used to set notifications based on time of day. For example you can set notifications only for certain times of day. You could also use this feature to set your text message notifications for day time hours while setting your email notifications during the evening & night time hours.
- Select appropriate settings based on notification type.
Note: Changing the Dispatch type from a Dispatch that does not notify a resource, to a Dispatch type that does notify a resource, will not notify a resource. The best thing to do in this scenario, is to close the unwanted Dispatch and open a new Dispatch with the type you want.
- If you go into notification management to edit a users notification setup and you click on the user account and the screen is blank
- The user may not have any notification setup currently (this would also show as none on the main notification management screen)
- The user has disabled their notifications from their user settings on their home screen
- You will need to have the user re-enable their notifications before you as an admin can go in and make any changes.