Resource Shifts are used to setup production and maintenance shift schedules. Shifts are setup as pattern of days and hours that will repeat itself. This allows you to enter rotating patterns by days/hours.
- Go to the Setup Menu and click ‘Resource Shifts’
- Click ‘Add New’ located in the upper right corner on the “Resource Shifts” bar
- Enter Shift information
- Enter Shift Name
- Select/Enter Shift start date – this is the day you’d like to start the shift pattern
- Make sure Active is checked
- Add day one shift times and proceed adding additional days. On off days (not worked) select the Day Off check box and it will automatically set start & end hours to zero (Day Off). The actual days (Mon, Tue, etc..) should populate. Once the end of your pattern is complete completes the shift setup. The pattern will now cycle to the end day and repeat. Note: It's not unusual for your pattern to end after 56 days (4 on, 4 off schedule).
- Select applicable production lines/cells associate with shift
- Select applicable users associate to shift: future application
- Click ‘Save’
- Click on View Calendar to view in calendar format and to edit exceptions (Holiday day off, overtime day, etc)
Note: It's important to set up your shifts correctly, especially if you're using the Production Module. Pitch Schedules align with the shifts and are visible on the Operator Portal. If you're using integration, and have odd pitches for off shifts showing up, it likely stems from your shift setup.
Video: The following video shows how to setup a standard shift schedule as well as a 12 hour rotating shift schedule.