Tooling is used to manage items that are typically moved between machines such as (Tooling, Dies, Calibrated items, etc.)
- Go to the ‘Setup’ menu and click ‘Tooling’
- Click ‘Add New’ located in the upper right corner on the “Tooling” bar
- Enter Tooling Code. Codes are locked once saved. They can be inactivated, but not deleted.
- Enter Tooling Name. Special characters cannot be used in the name. Choose a name that is common within the workplace and understood throughout.
- Enter Tooling Description.
- Select Machine association from pull down menu. The Line and Area associated with the machine should show below. If not, associate the selected machine with a Line and Area.
- Select Value Stream from pull down menu (optional – See Value Streams).
- Select Technology from pull down menu (optional – See Technologies).
- Select if inactive, leave blank if active.
- Check ‘Non Production Tooling’ if does NOT affect production.
- Enter Model name (optional)
- Enter Serial Number (optional)
- Enter Deployment Date (optional)
- Select Cost Center if Machine Cost Centers are setup (SAP)
- Enter a cycle count.
- Enter a cycle count multiplier.
- Enter the max rebuild for the particular item.
- Enter any notes.
- Click ‘Save’
Please sign in to leave a comment.